Scope of Work:
In an engagement with Portland General Electric, Tesla, and Oregon Electric Group, we were tasked to provide technical insight and analysis for the new Port Westward 2 Energy Storage System. Our Geotechnical Investigation Report was based on data collected from our geotechnical drilling and cone penetrometer performed onsite, various public data, laboratory testing of collected soil samples, and our experience working with challenging soil conditions. Soil liquefaction analyses and lateral spread analysis were performed, and seismic design parameters were calculated and presented in accordance with ASCE 7-16.
- Site-specific seismic design parameters in accordance with ASCE 7-16
- Liquefaction and lateral spread analysis
- Cone penetrometer testing and geotechnical borings
- Geotechnical recommendations for foundation design
- Qualitative analyses of tsunami inundation hazard