Scope of Work:
We performed a geotechnical investigation to support the development of a Full-Service Waste Transfer facility in Cornelius, Oregon to understand the site’s overall suitability for development. Exploration included hollow-stem auger and mud rotary drilling, exploratory test pits, cone penetrometer, and stormwater infiltration testing. Our investigation included a seismic site-specific spectral response analysis in accordance with ASCE 7-16 standards. Detailed hydrogeologic parameters were resolved for stormwater system design through multiple methods of infiltration testing.
- ASCE 7-16 Seismic Code compliance
- Seismic Site-Specific Spectral Response Analysis
- Heavy pavement section design recommendations
- Multi-faceted exploration completed through multiple subcontracts and equipment types
- Facility includes approximately 30-foot cut to accommodate waste compactor tunnels
Our work resulted in the successful deliverance of geotechnical engineering recommendations to support the development of the waste transfer facility. The project’s unique design elements coupled with challengingly high groundwater at the site required robust analyses and an acute understanding on the engineering capabilities of the site soils. Additional geotechnical and hydrogeological exploration and analysis are expected as structural parameters are further developed.